A Little Background History
Way back when
Lewis Nursery was established in 1907 by J.M. Lewis and his two sons, Jeremiah and Jesse Monroe. We used to operate under the name of J.M. Lewis & Sons in a small village called Lone Oak, Virginia. Then the nursery was devoted to growing fruit trees.
Moved To Cascade, VA
After years of business, we realized that the land we were planting in was not well suited for nursery production. In 1913, we moved to Cascade, Virginia. Our new farm in Cascade consisted of nearly 300 acres and extended to a nearby railroad junction, from where the shipping used to take place.